All of the crispy goodness of fried chicken, without all of the grease and guilt! This healthy twist on a familiar favorite is easy and scrumptious. The breading keeps the chicken tender and juicy, and adds a great crunch to every bite. Variations on this recipe are boundless. You can even replace the vegetable oil with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil for a sweet, crispy Hawaiian Chicken that can be accompanied by grilled pineapple. By playing with the herbs and spices added to the cornflake mixture, you can make this recipe full of your favorite flavors!
½ cup nonfat milk
1 cup cornflakes, crumbled (It’s easiest to pour cornflakes into Ziploc bag and hit with a flat wooden spoon until crumbled)
1½ Tbsp. onion powder
1½ Tbsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. ground ginger
2 skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp. vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Add half a teaspoon of poultry seasoning to the milk.
3. Combine spices with cornflake crumbs in a sealable plastic bag.
4. Wash chicken and pat dry. Dip chicken into milk, shake to remove excess milk, and then add to bag with seasonings and cornflake crumbs. Shake the bag and turn it over until the chicken is evenly coated with cornflake mixture.
5. Refrigerate for one hour.
6. Remove chick from refrigerator and plastic bag. Coat a non-stick baking pan with vegetable oil and place chicken breast on the pan, about 1 inch apart.
7. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and bake chicken for another 30 minutes, or until it reaches an interior temperature of 165°F at its thickest point.